Wednesday, December 14, 2005

'Stealth' PR not so stealth after all

If you’re going to roll out a stealth propaganda campaign in which you plan on “placing pro-American messages in foreign media outlets without disclosing the U.S. government as the source,” is it really wise to have a press release about it?

Does the government really think other countries don’t have access to the internet or follow the news?
I don’t know about you, but I think announcing your “stealth” propaganda in a major media outlet like USA Today kind of undermines the whole stealth angle you're going for.

1 comment:

The Haiku Master said...

Nice "blog" you folks have here! I must admit my Minister of Information was convinced this place was run by one of his co-workers -- until he saw lokmon's picture! Given that no dogs work at his office, he realizes he's wrong.

Oh, and if you could, please let the U.S. government know they will find a willing partner should they choose to advertise their stealth campaign at my "blog!" Our rates are very reasonable.

Best,

The Haiku Master

Find me on the Internet